In this article:
About the PowerPoint Watermarking Feature
PowerPoint watermarking is a new CORE feature which allows users to watermark images within a PowerPoint file and have the ability to download and share securely with users.
The images are extracted upon ingest and provide a manifest, allowing you to have full control over which images you wish to watermark along with style and content.
Sample 1: PowerPoint slide without watermark: PowerPoint slide with watermark:
Sample 2: PowerPoint slide without watermark: PowerPoint slide with watermark:
How to Watermark Images Within a PowerPoint File in CORE
Here are the simple steps on how to watermark your PowerPoint file:
- Upload your PowerPoint file (.pptx) into Core and click on the file to open it in the Asset Viewer window.
For additional help on how to upload a file into Core, please see Upload Files.
- In the Asset Viewer, click on the PPT Manifest icon located on the menu bar at the right of the viewer to open the PPT (PowerPoint) Manifest window. Once a PowerPoint file is uploaded, Core extracts all the imagery embedded in the PowerPoint file as individual files into the PPT Manifest window. The PPT Manifest window will show all the images that Core has extracted from your selected PowerPoint file.
- From the PPT Manifest window, select which files you want to watermark in your PowerPoint file by clicking the checkbox next to each file. You can also click the All checkbox to select all files for watermarking. Once all selections have been made, it’s very important to click Save before exiting this window.
- Now you’re ready to download your PowerPoint file with watermarks. To download, click on the Download icon located at top right of the Asset Viewer and make your download selections in the Download window.
A few notes to take into consideration in the Download window:
- Make sure to select the ‘Allow download with watermark’ option from the dropdown field to ensure your file will download with the watermarks.
- Quality: If you want to download your file as a .pptx (PowerPoint) format, make sure to select the ‘Source’ option from the Quality dropdown field. If you select any of the other quality options (high, low), your watermarked file will be downloaded as a PDF file.
- Custom option: When selected, this option will allow you to have the ability to create your own custom watermark for your file.
- Group option: When selected, allows you to select a group of users, and download a file for each user with their own individual watermark. For example, if you have 3 users in your selected group, three individual files will be downloaded with watermarks for each of the users.
- Watermark Label: Select the watermark label you’d like to have displayed as your watermark. To add a custom watermark label, click on icon located to the right of the watermark label field, enter your custom text into the empty field that will appear below, and click Save.
- Watermark Style: Style options can be found in ‘PDF/DOC Watermark’ dropdown field. Here you can select the watermark style you want to apply to your file. Some style options are: Diagonal, Secure, User Default, and many more.
Note: Please keep in mind that you may not have all of the above listed watermark options available, depending on your account permissions. If you need options that are not available to you, please contact your Administrator.
For additional help on how to download a file from CORE, please see the article on Downloading.
- Once you’ve made all of your selections, click on the Download button located at the bottom of the window.
- As soon as Core processes your download request, the file(s) will automatically download into your selected directory on your computer.