The new Coordinator Role is a specific role for a user who facilitates the distribution of assets without the ability to upload or download assets into the system.
If you have been assigned a Coordinator Role, you will have specific permissions unique to the role, including the ability to reset any user's MFA.
Managing MFA Reset
If you've been assigned the Coordinator Role, you can reset your or any other user's MFA Authentication following these steps:
1. Go to Users in the main menu on the left
2. Go to the Profile of the user to reset.
3. Select the Reset MFA Button to reset the MFA Authentication.
4. Since resetting an MFA is a sensitive action, you will receive a confirmation pop-up where you must re-authenticate by entering your password to confirm the change. Once you enter your password and click 'Reauthorize' the MFA will be reset.
5. Once it's been reset, ask the user to logout of CORE and log back in. The new QR code should be visible and the user can scan the new barcode on their mobile phone with the Google Authenticator app. (We recommend deleting any old MFA codes. The new code will be added to the bottom of the list)
6. Once the user has scanned the new barcode with their Google Authenticator App, enter the new code into CORE and click 'enter' to log in.
For further instructions about MFA reset and troubleshooting your MFA, you can find additional support articles here in Logging in with MFA / 2FA.
Learn more about What the Coordinator Role can do in CORE.
Please sign in to leave a comment.