Transfers enables users and administrators to track their uploaded files, monitor the files’ progress, and troubleshoot issues.
In this article:
- Elements of Transfers
- View Uploaded Files in Transfers
- Upload Statuses Definitions
- Filter Transfer Files by User (Upload & Download Managers)
Elements of the Transfers Module >> Uploads
Uploads are one part of the Transfers Module.
- Downloads - Section of Transfers Module, where a user can track their downloads, and an administrator or user with the permission can track the downloads of multiple users. Go to Downloads section for more information.
- Uploads - Section of Transfers Module, where a user can track their uploads, and an administrator or user with the permission can track the uploads of multiple users.
- Refresh - Refreshes the module page to sync and show the latest uploads or downloads.
- View By - Sorts listed uploads and downloads by Date of the upload or download, or by the total Size of the files that were uploaded or downloaded.
- User - Admin tool that enables Upload/Download Managers to see transfers by a specific user.
- All - View of all uploaded files in the Transfers Module
- Uploading - Filtered view of all files currently in the process of uploading.
- Pending Categorization - Filtered view of all files that completed upload and still require categorization
- Uploaded - Filtered view of all files that have completed the uploading process. This view shows all uploaded files in spite of their categorization status.
- Cancelled - Filtered view of all files that started uploading, but were cancelled prior to completion of processing.
- Select Box - Allows the user to select a stalled or mid-process file set in order to cancel it/them.
- Name - Name of the file set
- User - The user who uploaded the file(s)
- Date - Date and time of the upload
- Progress - Progress status bar showing the progress of the processing upload
- Type - Shows the type of upload process chosen, Aspera or Simple meaning HTTPs
- Size - Total size of the file set
- Details - A button that directs the user to the Upload Details View where you can see the same details for the individual files in the file set. This View is useful for troubleshooting file sets of more than one file where one or more files stall and disrupt the uploading of an entire file set.
- Share - Share button that opens up the Upload Details View with the Share panel. Go to Sharing a Package section for more information about how to do this.
- Cancel X - Will appear as a red X during the uploading process during which time a user can cancel the uploading files. The X will turn gray and become inactive once an uploaded file set has fully processed.
View Uploaded Files in Transfers
To view uploaded files in Transfers,
- Go to Transfers
- Select Uploads
- View by All or another submenu, if desired
- Scroll to the file you want. If it’s beyond the first page, you can select other pages at the bottom.
- Sort files by Date or Size for easier identification.
Meaning of Upload Statuses in Transfers
There are four statuses for uploads in the Transfer module:
- Uploading - Uploading means that the files are in progress of uploading. They are uploading into the database where they will be saved.
- Pending Categorization - Files that have completed uploading and then processed so that you can see the thumbnails and the files in the Asset Viewer are considered uploaded. Once they are uploaded, if you don’t categorize them, they are considered Pending Categorization, i.e. they haven’t been tagged.
- Uploaded - Files that have completed uploading and then processed so that you can see the thumbnails and the files in the Asset Viewer are considered uploaded. These files may have tags or may still be pending categorization. Either way, they are uploaded.
- Cancelled - Files that were in the process of uploading, but were stopped mid process are considered cancelled.
Upload/Download Managers: Filter Transfer Files by User
Users who are granted Upload Manager and/or Download Manager access have the ability to view other users’ uploads and/or downloads.
UL/DL Managers can search for uploads and downloads by a specific user in the Transfers Module.
To filter uploaded or downloaded files by User,
Go to the “User:” dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the screen.
Click on the menu and select the user whose transfers you would like to view.
The Results Lists will filter to the Uploads and Downloads by that User.