Video instructions. Written instructions below:
For users with the permission to upload to CORE, uploading files is fast and simple, and can manage high volumes of data and files. Uploading the actual files is just the first step in the uploading process. Categorizing the files is the next step. Both are outlined here, along with navigating the Transfers Module where you can track and monitor your uploads.
In this article:
Choose an Upload Mode
There are two modes to upload files to CORE.
- This is the primary uploader and downloader of files in CORE. Aspera provides high speed data transfer solutions to send, share, stream and sync large files and data sets. * Requires downloading Aspera to your computer.
- Is a simpler, slower, speed alternative to Aspera, and is useful in lower bandwidth wifi situations and if Aspera use is blocked by your company firewall.
To choose your preferred mode, click the icon next to the Upload icon in the upper right corner of the Top Navigation Bar.
We recommend using Aspera to upload, for faster speeds and greater reliability.
Use of Aspera requires installation. When first selected, you will be prompted to download the Aspera Connect plugin. The plugin link can also be accessed here: https://downloads.asperasoft.com/en/downloads/8?list
When Aspera mode is enabled, the gray Aspera logo will appear next to the Upload icon.
Start an Upload
There are two ways to start an upload:
- By selecting the Upload icon in any number of places throughout the CORE platform.
- By dragging and dropping Files into File Search
Upload Files Using the Upload Icon
To begin uploading,
- Click on the Upload icon in the upper right corner of the Top Navigation Bar anywhere on the site.
- A File dialog window will open. Select as many files as you would like to upload. To select multiple files, hold Ctrl (Command on MacOS) as you click. To select a range of files, hold Shift as you click to extend your selection.
- Select “Open.”
- The dialog box will automatically close.
- A pop-up confirming you are uploading files will appear. Select Allow. The files will initiate uploading, and the Upload Details View will open in Upload Mode.
- Important: If you are in HTTPS mode - Once you have initiated an upload, you must keep your browser window open until the upload has finished. The upload cannot continue if the window is closed.
Upload Files Using Drag and Drop
To begin uploading using drag and drop,
Go to File Search in the Left Menu .
Select a file from your desktop or file viewer
Drag and drop the file(s) into one of two places:
a. The blank white space to the right of the File Search box
b. A specific Asset Group
A pop-up confirming you are uploading files will appear. Select Allow. (In this image below, a file has been added to an existing Asset Group, which you can see by the “Uploading” thumbnail.)
When the files are dropped into a specific Asset Group, they will be categorized structurally with the same tags as the group. However, when files are dropped into the top white search area, the files must be structurally categorized in that moment. This is referred to as Simple Categorization. You also have the option of clicking on Advanced Mode which will take you to the Standard Categorization form.
- To structurally categorize the files, select the Tag Values from each of the dropdown menus at the top of the page. These tags create an Asset Group name for your files.
To continue to tag files in CORE, go to Tagging Files in CORE from the Upload Viewer