In this article:
- Add New Users
- Bulk Add Users
- Manage Existing Users
- Troubleshooting User Issues
For an overview of the different features in the Manage Users section, go to Users Module: Manage Users Overview.
Add New User
To add an individual user,
- From Manage Users tab, select +New User button.
- Enter at minimum the required fields which have red text*
- First Name
- Last Name
- Username: '@' special char in username is allowed & Admin can reset password on those accounts.
- User Role (Learn how to create User Roles )
- Scroll down to Activation, and turn on any requirements needed for the user.
- Go back to the top, hit Save. Or Cancel if needed.
- The page will refresh to an Existing User Profile
- If your user needs additional access not provided by their user role or another role in the system, and the rules are unique such that another user won’t need them via a new User Role, then go to Rules Override and make any needed changes. (Learn about overriding rules ) or learn about creating User Roles )
- Save before leaving any tab where changes are made, i.e. Access Override, View Access Override, Edit Access Override, etc.
- When changes are complete hit Save again as a safety measure.
If you want to enter more than one new user at a time, you can upload them via CSV. Go to Adding Users via CSV .
Bulk Add Users via CSV
To batch import Users, you can use the Import from CSV option. For instructions, go to Add and Update Users with CSV
Managing Existing Users
Manage User Profile Image
Set an image for your profile.
- Select the blank avatar and the Profile Image Editor will open.
- Click Browse to select an image, or drag an image onto this area to upload it.
- Once an image is uploaded, click and drag the to position your image. Click and drag the corners to shrink or enlarge the area being used.
- - View the preview of your Profile Image.
- - Click to save changes to your Profile Image.
- - Click to remove your profile image.
Once you’ve saved your image, the Profile Image Editor will close and your new avatar will appear. Your user profile does not need to be saved again in order to save the image.
Reset User Passwords & MFAs
- - Click this to reset the User's password, forcing them to create a new password the next time they try to log in. Close the Profile without saving.
- - Reset the User's Google Multi-Factor Authentication code. The User will receive a new QR barcode from their Google Authenticator app and will need to scan the new QR code in order to log in again. NOTE: Users who get a new Mobile device will need their Google MFA app Reset.
Delete a User Account
To delete an account directly from the profile select the Delete button as pictured above.
Edit an Existing User's Profile
Once created an Admin or user with Create User and Role Manager permissions can edit an existing user's profile.
Everything on a profile can be changed from their email to User Role and contact info to changing them to a Sensitive user or adding an Expiration Date to their account.
The only change that cannot be made to a user's account is their password.
Once a user's information has been changed, either select Save or refresh the page to Cancel the changes.
Add or Change a Setting to an Individual Profile that Overrides Their User Role
In some cases, you may wish to alter a User's Permissions, but not those of anyone else in their User Role. Rather than create a unique User Role just for them, you can override permissions in their role, which will apply just to them.
Access Overrides (the equivalent of the Role Info tab in User Roles) are general permissions overrides, such as edits to Administrative Settings, Device modifications, how users can send and receive packages, or what Productions they can upload and tag into.
Rules Override Tabs
Rules overrides dictate what files a user can see and interact with in File Search, and what Users they can see in the system and therefore share packages with.
Create rules for an individual user in these tabs.
- In 6.6, If you make overrides to the Rules Tabs in this section you will be negating / overriding any rules set up for the user in their assigned User Role.
- In 7.0, override rules are now additive to the existing User Role.
For specific details about what each permission is and what an override looks like when applied, go to Users Module: Manage Users Overview.
Deactivate, Reactivate or Lock User Accounts
On the left side of the Manage Users section, you deactivate, reactivate, lock, and delete user accounts, simply by checking on the names you wish to change. You'll be presented with an assortment of buttons providing you with these options. Select the button to complete you desired action.
For detailed instructions on this, go to Admin Guide: Locking, Deactivating, and Deleting Users.
Troubleshooting User Issues
Impersonate a User
To better understand a problem that a user is experiencing, you may need to go into their account to see the issue. To do so, you can select the Impersonate button to switch to the user's experience. Refresh your page when you do so to load all of their settings.
When you're done viewing their account, select the Back to Original User link next to the user name in the top bar. Again, refresh your browser page to reload your Admin tools.
Monitor History Activity
In History, view a user's historical activity. Most actions taken by a User are logged in the system and displayed here. The actions can be filtered by the pull down on the right or limited by the date range.
Monitor Login Activity
Audit and monitor detailed user sessions with this tool