Troubleshooting playback on mobile app
What should I do if I'm trying to play or view a file that was shared with me from the mobile app and I can't get it to play?
- Check to make sure you have either a wifi connection or if you don't have access to wifi, that the app is set to use cellular data.
- If your device has adequate bandwidth and still won't play try these steps:
- Go to your desktop browser environment and go to the Package containing the file with the issue.
- NOTE: If you don’t have access to the desktop environment, contact your system administrator.
- Select the File. If the thumbnail says “Processing” give the file some time to finish as it may be completing the transcode process. After a few minutes (20 minutes for large files such as feature films) if the file is still not playable try reprocessing the File:
- Select the file that won't play in the desktop browser, select the three dot icon in the top right corner.
- Select Reprocess. The reprocess may take several minutes to complete (longer for large files).
- Refresh the browser.
- Try to play the file again, the File should now load, making it available for play or viewing on your mobile app as well.
- If refreshing your browser does not work and still shows the file as Failed to Load, try clearing your browser cache for the last 24 hours.
- If you are still unable to play or view the file, contact your system administrator or the person who sent you the package to escalate the issue to 5k tech support.
User has the option to re-process files, otherwise they will need to contact their Tier 1 support group for them to try the first trouble shooting steps before escalating to 5k tech support.