The Package Inbox is where you can view all Packages that have been shared with you or that you have shared with others.
In this article:
- Filter Packages Within the Inbox
- Search the Inbox
- Inbox Display and Package Actions From the Inbox
- Package Status Overview: Unread, Read, etc.
- Troubleshooting Packages
Filtering Packages Within the Inbox
Filtering options are an easy way to narrow down the list of Packages in your Inbox.
- Inbox: Filter your Inbox to non-Archived Packages you have received
- Sent: Filter your inbox to Packages you have sent to yourself or other users
- Unread: Filter your inbox to only Packages you haven't viewed yet
- Favorites: Filter your inbox to only Packages you've Favorited
- Archived: Filter your inbox to only Packages you've Archived
- Deleted: Filter your inbox to only Packages you've Deleted
- All: Show all Packages, regardless of their status
With the All Productions filter, which is a dropdown menu above the other Status Filters (or in the top bar if you have the Dashboard feature enabled), you can filter your Inbox to packages associated with one Production.
This filter applies to any part of your Inbox - Sent, Favorites, etc.
Note: If you’re having trouble finding a package:
- Check to make sure your Production filter is switched back to All Productions.
- Distribution is listed as a production. These are your Quick Share packages. If you or the sending user didn't tag the package before sharing, you may find packages associated with a production here.
Search Inbox for Packages
Use the Search bar to search for Packages. Type a keyword or words in the bar. Packages containing those keywords in the Package Name will appear. The search will also query return Packages containing filenames related to those keywords.
Use + - & and "" in the search field to improve your results.
Additional Filters to Combine With Your Search or Filter With No Search
Click this to further filter your Packages by Sender and After or Before the Package’s creation date. In your Sent Inbox the Sender filter changes to Recipient, so you can filter by whom you sent the package to.
Select a filtering method, then set the values you'd like to filter by. Filters can be used in combination with each other.
Select the red X on the right to remove a Filter.
Click the Clear Filters button to remove all Filters.
Inbox Display and Package Actions From the Inbox
The main area of the Package Inbox shows you all the Packages you have sent or received which match your current filter criteria. Click on a Package Name to view it.
By default, your Packages will be listed in the order you've received them. Select a different Sort Option to change the method by which your Packages are sorted.
Change the Sort Order for that option by clicking on the parallel lines on the left. Clicking this toggles between ascending and descending order for the selected Sort Option.By default ordering is set to Descending.
Selecting Multiple Packages
Click the check box to the left of a Package name to select it. Once you've selected one or more Packages, a new menu of icons will appear and you can choose an action to apply to the chosen packages. NOTE: This option is only available to Admins currently.
- Share: Allows sharing of package from your inbox (this option is currently only available to Admins).
- Archive: Set the selected Packages to be moved to the Archived folder. Once Archived, Packages will no longer show up in your Inbox.
- Delete: Set the selected Packages to be moved to the Deleted folder.
- Merge: Combine the contents of selected Packages into a single new Package.
- View: Flag package as Viewed.
Click the Star icon on a Package to set it as Favorite. Once you've set a package as Favorite, it will show up when you select the Favorites filter. Click the Star icon a second time to un-Favorite it.
If you have Permission to download the contents of the Package, you can click here to do so. For more information, navigate to the section on Downloading.
By clicking on it ,Opens the recipient directly into the player with the first file open.
Date & Timestamp
A timestamp appears with the package date stamps. This indicates when and at what time you received or sent that important package.
Note: The Date and Time changes every time the comment is provided under the comment
section for the package. This is visible in the inboxes of both sender and recipient.
The Date doesn't changes when file is deleted/added/renamed or if any asset detail is
Click the More button to view additional options that are available for the package.
- Activate: Activating a package means you are selecting it in order to interact with it, either to share it as it is or to add or remove files from it. When a package is activated, a green dot appears next to the package title. The package also becomes the active package in the Active Packages section.
- Archive: Archive package. Once Archived, Packages will no longer show up in your Inbox.
- Duplicate: Make a duplicate of the package that can then be sent as is or edited.
- Delete: Delete Package places the package in the Deleted filter of your inbox.
Admin and Package Manager Inbox Actions
Admins have an additional feature located above Sort Options called View As: This pull down menu reveals users you have access to so you can view their Package Inbox. As an Admin you can emulate the person’s Inbox. You can perform Admin functions and provide additional support to the user as well as share packages from their Inbox.
Package Status Indicators: Unread, Read, etc.
You know at a glance whether a package is new and unread, opened, expired, deleted, etc. by the styling on the package:
- New/Unread Package: Appear as a bold black on a bright white background.
- Read Package: Appear as a light black text on a gray background
- Active Packages with an Embargo / Start Date: Green text with start date and start time appears to the right of title and file numbers shows when the package is available to view and till what date and time.
- Active Packages with an Expiration Date: Red expiration label and an end date and end time. If there's a start date, it will appear to the right of the start date. If there's no start date, it will appear to the right of the Package Name.
- Expired / Deleted Packages: Appear as a dark gray text on a light gray background. They are not selectable and cannot be opened.
Troubleshooting Packages in the Inbox
My Package Won’t Open in Package Viewer
If your package opens, but only in the Player, go to Troubleshooting in Asset & Package Viewer. If your package won’t open when you click on it from your Inbox, then check for the following:
- Is it expired?
- Reach out to the sender of the package if you need more viewing time.
- Have you reached the maximum views allowed?
- Reach out to the sender of the package if you need more views.
- Does the package show (0) files at the end of the package name?
- All files have been removed from the package, reach out to the sender to have them re-share a new package. The package may appear to flash to open but immediately will close and is not viewable.