In this article:
- What does Recipient Settings mean?
- What Does Recipient Settings Mean For "Package Share Download Options" in the Role Info Tab of the User Role?
What does Recipient Settings mean?
1. They are the Save Access Level (Download) permissions a user has been given in their User Role.
2. For Package Sharing, it is specifically related to package recipients' download permissions.
3. When a user shares a package, and they select Recipient Settings, the download settings default to the recipient user's Save Access Level. This means:
- Users with Save Access Level = None means they'd receive a View Only package
- Users with Save Access Level = Proxy means they could download only proxy files with or without watermarks.
- Users with Save Access Level = Source and Proxy means they would be able to download with or without watermark, if they chose to do so (because they are trusted and would be considered ok for their role if needed).
Benefits of Recipient Settings
The value of Recipient Settings is that a package sender can share with groups of users with different download permissions, and when a package's download permissions are not important, the sender can rely on the download permissions granted to each user by Admins.
When Not to Use Recipient Settings
Unless the sender is an Admin, users won't be able to see their intended recipient's user roles or permissions.
If the sender knows the package files should not be downloaded nor downloaded without a watermark, they should err on the side of caution and select View Only. In this case, all users on the package, no matter their settings will be receive the same permission: View Only.
What Does Recipient Settings Mean For "Package Share Download Options" in the Role Info Tab of the User Role?
Package Share Download Options is only relevant when a user can share a package.
So, if the Package Share Type is set to None. It means that the users in this role cannot send packages. Therefore, Package Share Download Options is irrelevant and can be ignored.
- When Package Share Types are other than None, and;
- Recipient Settings are enabled in the Package Share Download Options (under All or specifically selected);
- This means that the users in this User Role who send a package can choose from Recipient Settings as one of the download settings.